CARPET CLEANING TIPS
Buying a carpet is not enough. Taking good care of your carpet is very important, as it lasts longer and you can save yourself from buying a high-priced carpet again. Carpet needs a lot of care and needs to be vacuumed regularly, as the dust settles in and can cause respiratory diseases. Other than dust, it can be stained with different substances, which if not removed properly can lead up to the lessening of the age of the carpet. Here are some tips on vacuuming, deep cleaning and stain removal, that will make your carpet look better and last longer:
1. Removal of dust
Vacuum your carpet regularly. Vacuuming removes the dust particles that can cause asthma and allergies. These diseases are due to the accumulation of dust and dust mites which attack the lungs causing these diseases. Another benefit of vacuuming is that the debris doesn’t get stuck permanently; hence your carpet lasts longer.
2. Taking care of spills
To keep your carpet clean, take care of spills immediately. Clean up the spill as soon as possible, so that it doesn’t turn into a stain. Clean up the spill with a mixture of clean water and vinegar. If this doesn’t help, you can use different products available in the market.
3. Get rid of stains
A carpet stain should not be treated harshly. Applying pressure may result in the spreading of the stain; hence more area will be damaged. Applying pressure while removing the stain will damage and weaken your carpet fibers, which will shorten the life of your carpet. If the stain is treated in correctly, it will reappear. In order to avoid this, place an absorbent cloth and place something heavy on it, and leave it overnight. The cloth will absorb the stain and then clean the rest with care.
Never use a hair dryer or an iron to dry a stain or a spill. This will only result in making the stain or spill permanent.
4. Steam cleaning
Steam cleaning should be done twice a year. Steam cleaning removes dust, stains and spills without damaging the carpet’s fiber. It usually takes 12-24 for the carpet surface to dry out. Steam cleaning is the one of the best methods to clean your carpet and make it last longer. Hot water extraction is also another method to clean your carpet. Both these methods use fluid for the removal of stains and spills. If not dried under suitable conditions can result in the formation of mold and fungus. Make sure you apply products that ensure that this doesn’t happen.
5. Dry carpet cleaning
This type of carpet cleaning is done by using special machines with latest chemical technologies that results no-moisture or "very low moisture" (VLM) cleaning, which means sand, grit, dirt, allergens, and stain removal. You don’t have to worry about molds or fungus after this method, due zero fluid usage.
6. Entrance mat
Usage of entrance mats helps a lot. Maximum mud, debris and substance that can form stains are removed using the entrance mat. Place a mat in the entrance and half of your problems are solved. You can’t get rid of soil. Approximately 20% of the soil has wet components and the other 80% is dry. You can remove the dry components by vacuuming daily and the 20% can be removed by any of the methods mentioned above.
CLICK HERE TO CONTACT US